Saturday, October 25, 2014

MAC The Matte Lip Collection


The Matte Lip Collection has been my favorite so far this year. I got all of the lipsticks and all of the blushes. I did not get any of the lip liners, though. You know that my favorite finish for a lipstick is matte. So when I saw these, I knew I had to have them all. Heroine was also a part of this collection but it's a permanent shade that I already own. Surprisingly, most of this collection is still available. The only item that is sold out is Fashion Revival lipstick. 


Styled in Sepia: Dirty Cement Beige. It is a dupe for Nude from the RiRi hearts Mac collection. So, if you missed that here's your chance to get it under a different name. This is my least favorite one, but I really want to try an ombre-ish look with stone lip liner. 

Pander Me: Soft Peachy Mocha. The description is spot on, it's a mid-tone brownie-peach. I think it's gorgeous and it's looks good on a lot of skin tones. 

Nouvelle Vogue: Soft Blue Pink. Barbie's dream house pink. I don't know if it really looks good on my skintone but I love it in the picture below.

La Vie En Rouge: Bright Orange Coral. This is my favorite from the collection. Isn't that shocking, I rave so much about fuchsias and deep plums and berries that I didn't realize how pretty some other colors are. I know it looks kind of fuchsia-esque in the photo but it's not.

Dam Glamorous: Bright Pink Red. I admit this does look similar to LVER  but it has more of a red undertone. This is my second favorite one. 

Fashion Revival: Deep Raspberry. It's like a matte Rebel. 

Living Legend: Deep Plum. Similar to RiRi Talk that Talk and A Novel Romance Lingering Kiss. It's darker and a little more purple toned than LK.





The Pro Long Wear blushes were perfect. Much better than the Crazed Imagination fiasco. 
I'm a Lover: Pink. Very very light, blue-toned pink. 
Fleeting Romance: Coral. 
Make You Mine: Dirty Salmon. MYM is my favorite out of the blushes, for the name and the shade. I think it looks very natural and has a fleshy tone to it. 

So, this was love at first sight for the collection and it did not disappoint. 

Do you pick up anything? If you haven't, are you going to?

No comments:

Post a Comment