Saturday, July 19, 2014

Lipstick Queen: Sinners, Saints & Hall of Fame



I'm baaaaaaaaaack. I know it's been so long, but so many things have happened since October 2013: lost a job, was in a funk for many months, kind of depressed and not feeling creative, my brother and sister-in-law got married, got a new and much better job, several friends got engaged, the fan on my computer died causing it to be unusable and most recently...I GOT A NEW CAMERA! I got a Canon Rebel T3i. Yes, I know the T5i is out but I did not feel like spending the money on that at the moment. So, now that we are all caught up, I've got some amazing goodies from a fantastic brand to show you.

Lipstick Queen is a new-to-me brand by Poppy King (how powerful is that name by the way?) who says: "For me, nothing is as glamorous or as empowering as lipstick". I completely agree. Lipstick is becoming my absolute favorite makeup product and Lipstick Queen has quickly passed any other brand that I've tried so far. It does not matter which formula it is, ALL of the Lipstick Queen lines are creamy, silky and luxurious.

Lipstick Queen recently had a flash sale and I got a couple of lipstick trios and a few of their Oxymoron Matte Glosses (that i'll discuss in a future post). I have eight lipsticks to tell you about, so, let's get to it, shall we?


From left to right: Hot Rose Sinner, Pink Sinner, Saint Pink, Saint Nude, Saint Rose, Jean Queen, Medieval, and Butterfly Ball in Float.

The Sinner collection is "designed to be the ultimate full coverage matte lipsticks with 90% pigment. The sinner formula takes creaminess to a whole new level. The formulation glides on, lasts beautifully and feels great on the lips. Each shade has been meticulously designed to be the ultimate in its category -- lighting up your face and your mood!" I have two Sinner shades.
  1. Hot Rose Sinner: a deep fuchsia version of rose. This one is definitely one of my favorites, it's a color that I naturally gravitate towards. There is a little boutique where I live that sells LQ and I was immediately attracted to the color, but I didn't buy it. I'm so glad that I have it now, it's stunning. 
  2. Pink Sinner: Ballet pink in a lipstick.

The Saint collection is "designed for when you just want a tint of flattering color. Each easy to wear shade contains 10% pigment, giving just a hint of long lasting color. Build the shade for a much more dramatic, yet casual approach to glamour". The Saint and the Sinner lines both have the same lipstick shades, just in different formulas. I have three Saint shades:
  1. Saint Pink: a warm, romantic pink
  2. Saint Nude: Any more nude and you would be arrested! What I love most about this nude is that it's a universal, sheer nude. I could wear it and someone with a pale skintone could as well. 
  3. Saint Rose: Inspired by the rosebud painted lips of antique dolls.
The Hall of Fame Trio: "A star-studded line up of best-sellers, these three universally flattering shades bestow a natural, youthful beauty to the lips...This enchanting trio is the ultimate capsule collection of nourishing and ultra wearable sheer kisses of color"

Jean Queen is "the ultimate shade to wear with denim as it perfectly offsets the blue in the fabric and lights up your whole face." This was the creamiest, most hydrating lipstick out of all the ones that I bought. 

Medieval: "During the medieval times, when lipstick was considered a sin, women used the natural acidity of lemons to bring forth a natural blood-red stain on their lips. This flattering look was recreated by Poppy in this bestselling tint." Medieval is only vitamin E and pigment making it extremely sheer and gloriously silky. It looks so squishy and delicious, almost like a jelly formula nail polish.

Butterfly Ball shades pay homage to the magical, light and airy iridescence of a butterfly's wing. Each lipstick has a subtle flash of blue pearl that makes your teeth appear whiter. "The formula is incredibly wet, soft and moisturizing to condition your lips, while dressing them at the same time." 
  1. Float: a pale shimmering nude. This is the only nude in the Butterfly Ball collection and as you can see, it's almost blending into my skin with a pinky-brown undertone. It is super hydrating and has a formula closer to Jean Queen and Medieval.


Have any of you alluring beauties tried Lipstick Queen? Let me know below!


No comments:

Post a Comment