Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick

Hourglass is a new-to-me (and cruelty free) makeup line that I saw for the first time when I went into Sephora yesterday.

Let me pause here to say that my Sephora doesn't sell Illamasqua! WOE IS ME, I've never been sadder. Now, I've been inside this Sephora many times but I always thought that I overlooked the brand somehow.

Cut to yesterday: I asked an employee where they might be (because I didn't see any on the nail lacquer display) and she said, "We don't sell, Illamasqua. Our store is too small to sell it." WHAT? No store is too small! It was just so disappointing!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program: While in Sephora, I was looking at lipsticks from an array of brands and I came across Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick. The packaging was so petite, sleek and cute, that I was instantly drawn to them.

There are nine richly pigmented colors with a matte finish. I personally prefer matte finishes over shiny, so this was a huge bonus for me. They advertise that they deliver 14 hours of continuous wear without flaking or dryness. While I didn't wear the swatches for fourteen hours, when I tried to take them off with a makeup remover it took quite a bit of scrubbing! So, I believe that these products have a great deal of staying power.



While still wet/glossy
After they dried/matte
Icon: Blue red
Raven: Orange red
Muse: Coral red
Ballet: Light pink
Edition: Pink Gold
Empress: Deep aubergine
Rose: Modern neutral
Canvas: Soft Rose beige
Riviera: Tangerine

My sister in law and my best friend from college both asked me to pick out a lipstick for them to try. Since they are both a little shy with color, I tried to stay in more neutral shades for them.

BFF, Rachel: Wearing Canvas
SIL, Lyndsy: Wearing Edition

Have any of my Alluring Readers tried any of the HourGlass cosmetics? If so, which products are your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. Where you didn't wear the swatches all day... I did wear my little sample you picked for me. I have to say I really loved it. It wasn't heavy and didn't make my lips feel sticky. I even forgot I was wearing it until I glanced at myself in the bathroom mirror a few hours later! I loved it! -Lyndsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks so much for commenting, sister! I'm glad that you added your review, I don't know why I didn't ask you if you liked it haha! Sticky is the worst thing for me in a lip product, i'm very happy that it was non-existent in these lipsticks!

      Delete