Saturday, August 30, 2014

Makeup Geek Pigments: Afterglow, Birthday Wish, Liquid Gold & Insomnia

Makeup Geek is a cruelty free cosmetics line founded by popular youtuber and blogger , Marlena. The quality of her products rival Mac Cosmetics and several makeup artists have vowed never to buy from Mac again because of Makeup Geeks affordable prices and amazing quality. I have bought several eyeshadows from MUG (working on getting all of them) but I thought that I would start my review with a few of the pigments I picked up.




Afterglow: "Bask in the Afterglow of this soft yet stunning champagne color". This is a buttery champagne packed with subtle shimmer. 

Birthday Wish: "May all your Birthday Wishes and more come true when you wear this whimsical ...light golden peach shade" Birthday Wish ends up being a rose gold shade on me, which I love. I haven't done a look using this but I'm extremely excited to think up something girly and romantic.

Liquid Gold: "A true treasure for the eyes, this stunning Liquid Gold pigment will make you look and feel like a fortune." I do love this shade, in my opinion it is not a true gold shade. It has more of a green undertone. 

Insomnia: "This pigment will leave you wide awake and ready for the evening.  This dark chocolate colored pigment has sparkling blue/teal reflects that will light up your eyes." This is definitely a dupe for Mac's blue/brown pigment.



Bottom Line: Highly pigmented, creamy pigments. These all have shimmer and they just glide on. The formula is not chunky in the slightest, they're extremely buildable and blendable. And at $6.99 a jar, you can't beat the price. 

Have you beauties tried any of the Makeup Geek line? If so, let me know if you found it alluring or atrocious!


No comments:

Post a Comment