Saturday, August 16, 2014

Lime Crime Velvetines: Pink Velvet & Salem

I finally joined the Velvetine band wagon! Lime Crime Velvetines: Lipsticks with a "ground breaking formula that goes on liquid and dries completely matte. Touch proof, transfer proof, long wearing and utterly addictive."

I thought I knew what to expect, until I actually received them. One thing about the formula is that it is extremely thin, almost water thin. That was shocking to me but now I adore it. 


How cute are these boxes?? Perfect packaging Lime Crime!


I noticed that the application works better if you do several thin coats as opposed to one thick one. The thin coats allow the product to dry quicker and more fully. I did not have a problem with a lot of transferring. I wore Pink Velvet when I went out to lunch for one of my best friend's birthday and most of it stayed on. I did reapply because there was some wear but not enough that it was annoying. It is matte, so it's a bit drying but I actually like that in a matte lipstick...is that weird? If it gets a bit too dry for you, I suggest putting a little lip balm on top. I tried my Epicuren Lip Balm (my favorite), it was instantly hydrating and added a subtle sheen.

Pink Velvet: "The Perfect Matte Pink"



Salem: "Matte Chocolate Brown"



These are stunning, the formula is fantastic and I will be purchasing the rest. Have you beauties tried any? Tell me how much you loved them (or hated them) down below! 

By the way, the eyes that are paired with these gorgeous lip shades will be on the blog in future! Stay tuned for those posts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment