Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Miracle Mask

I was on Pinterest this morning and saw one of my friends repin something about an all natural skin mask. I am obsessed with skin care and am always trying different products. I have found that products that are natural work a little better for my skin.

So, I thought, what the hey, I'll try this! It's so simple and only has three ingredients.

2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg



When you mix these ingredients together they form a thick paste, so don't be afraid when you see it! Make sure you test the mixture on a small patch of skin in order to see if you have any type of allergic reaction.


After you apply the paste to your skin (Apply in a patting motion because if you try to sweep it on it doesn't apply evenly) let it sit for 30 minutes.

Wash it off with warm water, scrubbing softly in a circular motion for exfoliation.

My Reaction:

Beware, if you stand under lights it will melt! I know because I stood in my bathroom to shamelessly take pictures of my face for you all. (None of them were good haha) It was a little annoying as it continued to slide down my face but I dealt with it.

It had a warming effect on my skin. While, I don't know if that's normal, when I removed the exfoliate there were no signs of an allergic reaction, so it was okay.

It left my skin feeling so soft. My face looked brighter and blemishes were reduced! Just from one scrubbing! Honey and nutmeg act as natural anti-inflammatories, reducing swelling and redness in the skin. It's also great for soothing acne scars. I recommend putting on a moisturizer afterwards because warm water can be drying.

PS. It also tastes amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment